Sunday, November 8, 2009

A beautiful fall, Cows and the Angel of Death


It is absolutely glorious this weekend...temps in the 70's and no clouds in the sky. I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and picked up the most amazing sunflower bouquet...I put it in a sunflower pitcher I got years ago at Target. I took a gajillion pics and the only one that caught the beauty of it was the one I took on the fly this morning. I need to edit out my hair holder but other than that it is really pretty.

So, I've been working hard..pre-inventory cleanup was this week and while it was successful, I'm beat. So I've been flaking out with books (I discovered Karen White who writes supernatural mysteries based in Charleston) and I went with some friends to see Men Who Stare at Goats. I should have loved it but I didn't. I didn't laugh once and Clooney was not all that hot. I probably should have stayed home.



Two weeks ago I went to see Amanda show a cow. However, the cow decided it was a race and not a show and galloped through the arena with Amanda in tow. This is Buffy and Amanda. Buffy is the cow. And she is certifiable. Then earlier this week, there was a shooter on the loose in Athens in the end of town that was near the Ag farms. Amanda assured me all was fine.









This week the neighbors finally took down their Halloween decorations. This is was a bangup year..we had cemetaries, inflatable pumpkins but the best was the Angel of Death across the street. They left him up long after they took down their other decorations. I took this the other morning..because it was so weird...

So that was my odd week. I'm sitting here with the bundled up with the windows open. Pretty soon, I'll go mow my leaves and mulch and then I'll put the hammock up and read another mystery.

5 comments:

IslandPearl said...

I just found your blog! How about that?

And I love the sunflowers. I loved those bright fall days in Georgia. But I've never cared much for gardening.

If you like supernatural stuff, please try Charlaine Harris -- her Sookie Stackhouse books are the basis for the HBO series True Blood, but are miles better.

I've put the Birkin book and the Child autobio on my Christmas list. I read Julie/Julia and found the protagonist a bit too ...too ... self indulgent? ... for my taste.

Glad I 'found' you!

Unknown said...

Pearl, I'm so happy you are here. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself..which is what I do since I live alone. LOL..

I love Charlaine Harris! I read her books in a night or so...I do nothing else. Karen White's books aren't as much fun but they are interesting..especially if you like Charleston. Lots of history.

I just spent an hour mowing leaves and vacuuming them. It's one of my least favorite chores but I delayed last year and my lawn really suffered for it.

Welcome..I hope you continue to read!!

IslandPearl said...

Yeah...the only downside to Harris is that they're done too soon. I usually knock one off in a 5 hour flight. Which is why I need (get that...need. LOL) a Kindle.

IslandPearl said...

Forgot to add -- I totally get the posting in the void feeling. That's why I'm 'killing off' one of my blogs. I've had pearlstuff for 4 years, so I'll just focus on that one.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.