Sunday, August 3, 2008

Rainy night in Georgia

Horrible storm last night. Power finally went out about 6:30 p.m. and while it was cooler...it was also humid.

Called GA Power...too many calls for a live operator. Then I see a bunch of shingles on my front porch. GREAT! WONDERFUL!

I see my neighbors out walking and I go out and look and it doesn't appear that those shingles are mine.

About 10 I call GA Power again...still no operator...just a recording.

Lucy and I go to bed. I have nightmares all night about work. I wake up at 2 a.m. and call GA Power (I'm sweating and hot flashing all over the place)

I get an Operator!! Yea!! She tells me my power will be restored by 5....a.m. I ask? No, pm!

I go back to sleep and dream about work and not nice dreams either. I wake up to the dishwasher running! It's 7:47 a.m.....and Lucy wants to go out.

A few hours later...I'm pooped. I hope the fridge didnt' spoil and I worry someone has a leaky roof. I'm going to take a nap. Hopefully, I dream about Mike Rowe and Sharks and not my job.

No comments: