Thursday, September 3, 2009

My so called vacation



Yep, those are my toes. I have rule about not having foot pictures as my feet are not that pretty. Although I do have some great sandals.

Anyway, these are my feet after a day of answering calls, emails, faxes, etc. And I'm on vacation. It's a busy time for my company and I have no problem helping out. I just need a vacation for my vacation.

I will be 48 tomorrow. I can't believe I'm that old. I don't feel that old. I don't look that old - ok, maybe I do. But I definitely do not feel it.
I'm realizing that the last 48 years have been kind of a blur. Things have slowed down for me the past three years. I've been in this house and had no real crisis or disaster. And for that I am grateful. I had enough the first 45 years of my life. I've also realized that I'm pretty much on my own here on out (have been for 10 years but I kept thinking I'd meet someone) and I better make my life around that and not keep waiting. I have my own social group of friends who I go to dinner with and movies, etc. I go to the gym - for my health not my looks....and I have my cute little house. All in all it's not a bad life.

Ok, that is my rambling...where are you in your life? Are you happy? Are you yearning? Are you in a bunch of drama? Remember, it isn't bad or good..it is just is.

Finally, I'm taking a break this weekend from the internet. I have my daughter coming into town to celebrate my birthday and I need a break. My sister and I have called a truce on the whole Glenn Beck thing (have you seen what he is saying about Rockefeller Center? KooKoo) Facebook is becoming not a place to play.. it's becoming a political minefield of people. It's getting ugly in a short time and I got sucked into it and I need to pull back.

So hasta la vista...I want to see what you post...I do care and enjoy reading them....

1 comment:

jojo cucina cucina said...

Happy belated birthday. you have the same birthday as one of my ex-husbands..... i love feet pictures and it's a signature of mine too to take them while on vacation!

I keep away from Glenn Beck and politics lately. I did watch all of Obama's speech on health care reform and loved it but refused to listen to pundits. They are don't help anymore, either side. Though CNN does a little bit better job of keep it from being too right or left wing.

Anyway, i hope you had a great day!