Sunday, August 2, 2009

Healthcare, rain and eating clean


The talk at work is all about healthcare reform. I work for a medical device company and it has hit us. Hospitals are holding tightly to their dollars in anticipation of losing Medicaid funds. I'm so drained about the debate...I want reform but I think congress needs to slow down and think this thing through. It's too huge to rush. On the other hand, I'm tired of the Canadian Health bashing going on. My Canadian friends will tell you that while it is not flawless, it works a lot better than critics will lead you to believe.

Rain..Rain...Rain...ok, you can leave now . I'm done with you for awhile. I like my porch..I'd like to use it.

Finally, I'm looking into Eating Clean. I've decided to use Tosca's book http://www.eatcleandiet.com/about_the_diet/the_books.aspx#The+Eat-Clean+Diet+Cookbook and do a Julie/Julia thing where I try the recipes and let y'all know how they turned out. It will encourage me to eat better while reviewing whether the food is ok to try.

I'm starting tomorrow with a Turkey and Egg scramble. However, chicken was cheaper than turkey so I'm already modifying it.

Oh, and I'll post more. Please fell free to comment. Then I'll know y'all are out there!

1 comment:

jojo cucina cucina said...

Hey susie, I am still on political hiatus during vacation so i can't say i'm following the health care reform right now enough to even form an opinion that won't be slapped down. I need to find out more.

I have to say the video of the rain is soooooo coool!