Sunday, July 28, 2013

Missouri, the mall and mullets

Ok,  you may say all three are related and in a way you would be right.  Mullets were probably in style in Missouri way longer than they should have been.

But that is not the point of this post.

I went to Missouri.  Why?  One - to see family I have not seen in ten years.  Which is way too long but it can be expensive and I wanted to bring Amanda too.   Two - to escape the grand opening of the Outlet Shoppes of Atlanta.  This outlet mall is not in Atlanta but .6 miles from my house.

Turns out it was a great decision.  They sold 15K tickets to the Pre opening and only had 1750 parking spaces.  Even if people car pooled that ain't enough. So they parked at the school on the other side of my subdivision, they parked at the church, they parked up and down roads and they walked.   They had one van as a shuttle but when you have hundreds of people - it makes no difference.  The traffic was bad .  There are only two ways to get to my house and apparently both took hours.

So I finally went yesterday morning.  I got a parking spot at the mall but still far away (it opened at 10 and I got there a few minutes after).   There were much better deals than when they first opened.   A clerk told me they are raising prices next week for back to school shopping.  I got a pair of top siders for Amanda for free when I bought a pair of Coach flats.   I also got bunch of tops at 40% off at Saks and at Chicos.

When I left, the parking lot was full and they were parking on the street.

How was Missouri?  Quiet, peaceful and a little sad.  I know I can never move back there but I do plan to visit more often.  My ex MIL was very gracious and allowed me to stay at her house at night.   Amanda had a great visit with her.  Above is a garden we visited..I saw several beautiful gardens even with their drought.

Finally, we come to mullets.  Not really much to say but I want to a bar last night with an 80s cover band.  At first I thought they were young..then realized they may be older than me.  The lead singer had a shaggy mullet thing going on and the guitarist wore furry boots.  It was entertaining but even more so were the barflys  Women in their 40s and 50s trying to get the band's attention.  They were very drunk and pretty much destroyed any dignity they ever had.

Ok..how is your summer?

No comments: