Saturday, February 20, 2010

Follow up on Lucy


Last week at this time I was crying in the middle of Petsmart. The Vet wouldn't console me, the checkout girls kept telling me they were sorry.

Now, my Lucy is running around the house like a maniac playing with my daughter's dog. You wouldn't know how sick she was last week.

I took her to the vet on Tuesday..she was somewhat better after I dumped the Science/Hills prescription crap they made me buy. I started making boiled chicken and rice and Lucy finally started eating. Well, the vet (her normal vet) looked at the bloodwork and said it was consistent with an infection. Any time we get an infection our liver gets some damage but it regenerates quickly so it's not a big deal. And only one enzyme was elevated -if it was more serious more would be elevated.

Just to be careful I need to take her in for more another round of tests in a month but the vet was pretty sure she was fine.

Thank you all for thinking good thoughts. She is my buddy. -

The pic is Lucy taking on a dog twice her size...that's my tough dog.

3 comments:

EoDE said...

Oh, I'm so glad Lucy is better! I was really worried after reading about her. If there was a happy dance icon, I'd insert it here!

jojo cucina cucina said...

Amazing how resilient dogs can be! She's beautiful!

That happened to us before with our old black lab mix named Cassie. She had a total recovery and she lived many years later until the age of 17. One thing that helped keep her healthy i swear was switching her food to Science Diet.

Anyway, susieatl, i am happy for you! This is VERY good news!

IslandPearl said...

Wow suze...you've gone global! Cool!!

Glad to hear about Lucy. It's scary when someone's so desperately ill and you can't do anything about it.