Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sangria, Rain and Shawn Mullins


Sorry, I haven't posted in awhile. Work has been emotionally draining lately and the 25 anniversary of my mom's death was May 1st. I just have been doing a lot of nothing.

Anyway...last night I decided my department had enough stress and I took them out for Tex-Mex and drinks at Pappacitos. Good food, good company and the weather was awesome. We sat on the patio and it was sunny, a little breeze and about 78 degrees. I went home and for the first Friday in a long time I was decompressed when I got home. I need to go out more often. Or I need to drink Sangria more..I'm not sure.

Tonight, I am so excited...Shawn Mullins is actually playing about a mile from my house at the town square tonight..for free! However, the weather man is predicting BAD STORMS about that time. You know the ones..tornado sirens, hail, damaging winds..the kind we've had every week this spring. You find your neighbor's roof in your front yard. So while I'm excited I'm being very cautious to keep a lid on it in case it gets canceled.

What is going on in your world?

Edit to say...I got to see an hour of Shawn..then the heavens opened up and the rained poured and the lightening, while beautiful, caused me to hustle and not in a disco manner. Now I know I need to go see him again..preferably indoors.

Here is a video of Shawn singing Cabbagetown :

No comments: